and AREA - Things To Do
Nanaimo is located in the center of Vancouver Island
and has wonderful FOUR SEASON activities for a relaxing,
yet invigorating holiday!
CHILDREN LOVE (and those who are young at heart)
1. Looking at the thousands of baby crabs that live
in the tidepools at Swy-a-lana Park’s ocean lagoon
steps or the children’s activity park.
2. Visiting the petting zoo that’s open daily
in Summertime in Bowen Park or the one on Jingle Pot
3. Swimming in Westwood Lake or Long Lake – Nanaimo’s
outdoor swimming areas have life guards in summer
4. Visiting our indoor recreation centers, rock climbing
5. Beachcombing on Nanaimo’s numerous beaches.
1. Dining out in Nanaimo – see Restaurant section
2. Being a tourist in downtown Nanaimo. Visit the Museum,
the Bastion, the Old Quarter, Nanaimo’s old churches
and downtown heritage buildings for a taste of Nanaimo’s
Past. Or visit the harbor walk with it’s fine
coffee shops and other specialty shops, Fisherman’s
Wharf, the Port Theater, the Library, our Art Gallery’s,
the Native Art/ Craft shops, the inner harbour ferries
that ply to Newcastle and Protection Islands (Dingy
Dock Floating Restaurant and Pub), and our downtown
parks. Enjoy the vibrancy of the inner city at a relaxed
pace. Watch the Downtown revitalization take place as
new buildings emerge and new things to do and see develop.
3. Attending Nanaimo’s live theater productions.
4. Driving along the waterfront area north of the George
Pearson Bridge and checking out the eateries, pubs that
line the waterfront.
5. Booking a time at one of Nanaimo’s Spas where
you can be pampered and restored.
6. Relaxing with Breakfast, lunch, dinner, on the patios
of Hammond Baysides Executive Suites and watching the
natural life and fantastic scenery from your quiet,
private retreat at Nanaimo’s best Waterfront B+B.
Below is a list of Businesses with the yellow page number
of their advertisement or with their phone number.
We recommend for a...
1. Rocky Point Massage Clinic - 729-2688
Manicure / Pedicure / Facial / etc.
1. EK esthetics - 616-1435
2. Kiyo salon and day spa - 716-9916
Hair Cuts / Styles / Care
1. Kiyo salon / spa - 716-9916
2. Chameleon -756-3800
(Our personal suggestions are based on where we
have patronized. We recognize that there are many excellent
hair / day spa’s in our area, and suggest you
phone them to check their offerings and rates.)